I have a wide experience of different programming languages, software and hardware experience and always try to improve myself by staying up to date with new technology. I capable of working on my own or as part of a team. I am able to take lead when required and can work under pressure.
2020 - 2023
Canterbury Christ Church University – BSc (Hons) Computer Science.
2018 - 2020
|The Canterbury Academy – A-Level|
2013 - 2018
|The Canterbury Academy – GCSE|
|Resistant Materials (NCFE)||Distinction|
|Science||4 & 5|
- Competent with Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Competent with computer hardware
- Experience with Linux based system administration
- Networking with VLANs, Subnets, DHCP, VPN’s (Via PfSense or EdgeOS)
- Experience with database management (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with virtualisation tools (Proxmox, VirtualBox, Hyper-V)
Apr 2017 – Work Experience, C May Motors, CT1 3SE
- Worked as a team to complete customer repairs on vehicles.
- Developed time keeping skills in always being punctual at the start of the day.
- Used computer diagnostics in relation to the work.
- Given extra trust to collect parts from the local motor factors on my own.
- Suggested ways in improving the office computer system which the owner found useful.
- Team leader for several university group projects. Where I issued tasks, arranged meetings.
- As well as leading projects, I can also work as a team member. I have found I am quite adaptable to taking on tasks I would not normally do.
- Constantly try to improve my programming knowledge by making Open Source software using modern technologies (viewable on my GitHub account @enchant97.
- I setup and maintain several servers on my home network. Where I have a Docker Swarm cluster that uses GlusterFS for a distributed file system.
- I found that I enjoy helping people so created a website with tutorials for programming and also maintain a blog with my finding related to self hosting. Viewable at enchantedcode.co.uk.
- During part of Sixth Form, I was a teaching assistant for one of the year 10s computer science class where I helped individual students with programming problems; which helped improve my communication skills.
I am the author of several apps one of which is a note taking application called Note Mark, which allows me to store all my notes in markdown format and view them from any device. I have also started development on “My Cooking Codex”, a all-in-one cooking web app, allowing the user to store recipes and manage their pantry.
As well as developing software, I also enjoy investigating old tech such as the “Amstrad PPC512”. I also enjoy tinkering with hardware using Microcontrollers and soldering, I made an automatic watering system for the garden which keeps important plants watered when required.
Apart from computer programming. I enjoy cycling and sometimes go walking in the Lake District. I am also a member of the National Trust. These are all places where I like to go and take photographs, which is my other passion, these are uploaded to my Instagram account @leo_photography_uk. I enjoy entering photography competitions, which challenges my creative thinking. I have been awarded joint 2nd place in the Lord Mayors photography competition and I was also a runner up in the Herne Bay Rotary Club competition.